Best Neighborhoods in Houston
Searching for a home can be difficult, especially in a huge city like Houston. It doesn’t matter if you have been living in the city for your whole life or are new to the city, our team understands that you have a specific criteria for what you’re looking for in your next home. Knowing your needs and allowing an established realtor to find your best options can help you tremendously.
With knowledge and access to varying Houston communities and schools along with what other amenities you may be looking for, the skilled realtors at Equinox Realty Group can assist you in finding your dream home.
Best Neighborhoods in Houston, Texas – Inside the City
- The Heights – This neighborhood is known for its walkability and four distinct styles of homes: the craftsman, Folk National, Folk Victorian, and Queen Anne. What most love about this area is its walkability, cute shops, unique restaurants, and picturesque streets. The average home value in the area is $850,000.
- River Oaks – This neighborhood is known as “the most expensive neighborhood in the U.S.” River Oaks is everything you think it should be: the cities hottest restaurants, historical mansion, new money and old, premier shopping and entertainment, and more. The average home value in the area is $2.2 million.
- West University / “West U” – This neighborhood is known for its low crime rate and top-rated Houston schools, making it a prime location for anyone looking to be in the city while raising a family. You are just minutes away from Hermann Park, The Houston Zoo, The Museum District, and The Medical Center. And it can’t go without mentioning that 24/7 Wall St. named it as a best city to live in American for 2018 and 2019. The average home value in the area is $2.2 million.
- Memorial – This neighborhood is nestled between The Energy Corridor and Downtown Houston. It is known for its more private quiet lifestyle, while still being within arm’s reach of the city with great shipping, quality schools, and noteworthy restaurants. The average home value in the area is $500,000.
- Museum District – If you are looking to live in the heart of Downtown Houston, that is exactly what this neighborhood offers! The city’s cultural and artistic epicenter can be found in the Museum District. The prime reasons why one chooses this area is for its walkability and accessibility. The average home value in the area is $1.2 million.
- Spring Branch – This neighborhood is right above Memorial and has deep history that brings you back to the 1800s. Originally it was a German community, but it has grown to become one of the most diverse areas in all of Houston. What this area is also known for is its larger lot sizes. The average home value in the area is $475,000.
- Bellaire – This neighborhood is known for convenience. It is close to Downtown Houston, West U, Greenway Plaza, The Galleria, Meyerland Plaza, and Rice Village. In Bellaire you will find a larger lot is comparing it to West U, which it is a few minutes west of. The average home value in the area is $975,000.
Why Work With A Realtor?
Better Access/More Convenience
A real estate agent’s full-time job is to act as a liaison between buyers and sellers. This means that he or she will have easy access to all other properties listed by other agents. Both the buyer’s and seller’s agent work full time as real estate agents and they know what needs to be done to get a deal together. For example, if you are looking to buy a home, a real estate agent will track down homes that meet your criteria, get in touch with sellers’ agents and make appointments for you to view the homes. If you are buying on your own, you will have to play this telephone tag yourself. This may be especially difficult if you’re shopping for homes that are for sale by owner.
Similarly, if you are looking to sell your home yourself, you will have to solicit calls from interested parties, answer questions and make appointments. Keep in mind that potential buyers are likely to move on if you tend to be busy or don’t respond quickly enough. Alternatively, you may find yourself making an appointment and rushing home, only to find that no one shows up.
Negotiating Is Tricky Business
Many people don’t like the idea of doing a real estate deal through an agent and feel that direct negotiation between buyers and sellers is more transparent and allows the parties to better look after their own best interests. This is probably true–assuming that both the buyer and seller in a given transaction are reasonable people who are able to get along. Unfortunately, this isn’t always an easy relationship.
What if you, as a buyer, like a home but despise its wood-paneled walls, shag carpet and lurid orange kitchen? If you are working with an agent, you can express your contempt for the current owner’s decorating skills and rant about how much it’ll cost you to upgrade the home without insulting the owner. For all you know, the owner’s late mother may have lovingly chosen the décor. Your real estate agent can convey your concerns to the sellers’ agent. Acting as a messenger, the agent may be in a better position to negotiate a discount without ruffling the homeowner’s feathers.
A real estate agent can also play the “bad guy” in a transaction, preventing the bad blood between a buyer and seller that can kill a deal. Keep in mind that a seller can reject a potential buyer’s offer for any reason–including just because they hate his or her guts. An agent can help by speaking for you in tough transactions and smoothing things over to keep them from getting too personal. This can put you in a better position to get the house you want. The same is true for the seller, who can benefit from a hard-nosed real estate agent who will represent their interests without turning off potential buyers who want to niggle about the price.
Equinox Realty Group in Houston
Equinox Realty Group, is a Texas real estate firm, located at 1980 Post Oak Blvd Suite 100, Houston, TX 77056. Equinox Realty Group provides a wide-range of real estate services. Consumers continue to find value in having a real estate professional help them through the home buying and selling process.
The wide variety of services real estate professionals provide are proving ever more valuable in real estate transactions(financing twists and sales contract intricacies). Please view Equinox Realty Group current listings or sold listings. Recently serving clients in areas Garden Oaks, Northwest Houston, Waller.
Buyers and sellers give high marks to real estate agents for the expertise and professionalism they bring to the real estate transaction.
Equinox Realty Group
1980 Post Oak Blvd Suite 100,
Houston, TX 77056